Israeli security cabinet reportedly gave "initial authorization" last month to attack Iran if diplomatic efforts failed to halt Tehran's nuclear program, local newspaper Ha'aretz reported Sunday.
The report said Israel Defense Forces had built a model of Iran's Natanz uranium enrichment plant in order to practice assaults on the facility.
It was reported that Israel would use F-15 fighter planes and its air force's elite Shaldag unit in the attack.
The Israeli plan had been discussed with the United States who indicated it would not block an Israeli attack on Iran if international diplomatic efforts failed to halt its nuclear projects, the London-based Sunday Times also reported earlier.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry said last week that neither threats nor incentives would alter its pursuit of nuclear programs.
The United States, accusing Iran of developing secret nuclear programs, has urged to send its nuclear case to the United Nations Security Council for possible sanctions.
Iran, locked in nuclear talks with the Europe Union, denies the charge, claiming its program is for pure civilian purpose.