News Letter
English home Forum Photo Gallery Features Newsletter Archive   About US Help Site Map
- Newsletter
- Online Community
- China Biz Info
- News Archive
- Feedback
- Voices of Readers
- Weather Forecast
 RSS Feeds
- China 
- Business 
- World 
- Sci-Edu 
- Culture/Life 
- Sports 
- Photos 
- Most Popular 
- FM Briefings 
 About China
- China at a glance
- Chinese history
- Constitution
- Laws & regulations
- CPC & state organs
- Chinese leadership
- Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping

Home >> Life
UPDATED: 16:04, February 03, 2005
Beijing launches new foreigner residence permit
font size    

News came from the Exit and Entry Management Section of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau that Beijing began to launch new foreigner residence permit. Foreigners holding the residence permits can make multiple-entry within valid period and do not need to apply for returning visa. Those who live in Beijing permanently can apply for as long as five year's residence permit.

Foreigners who can apply for residence permit are those entering China with the Z (work), X (student) and J-1 (resident reporter) visas. Among them those who can apply for five-year residence permit are: high-end foreign talents and investors, foreign legal representatives, returned students with foreign nationality and foreign students.

According to Gao Huada, deputy director of the section, the old regulation required foreigners to bring their residence permits and valid passports when entering and leaving China. Beginning from November 22, 2004 what the management departments do is to glue the "residence permit" to the applicant's passport and the applicant no longer needs to apply for a returning visa.

Moreover, the section has also loosened the limit on some foreigners' visa period. With relevant documents they can successfully apply for 6-12 month double or multiple entry visa. These foreigners are: a Chinese's foreign spouse, the visiting foreign spouse, parents and under-18 offspring of a foreigner who works or studies in Beijing; Chinese of 60-plus with foreign nationalities who have purchased house properties in Beijing; foreigners of 60-plus who are dependent on linear relatives living in Beijing; foreign children who have completed fostering procedures in Beijing; foreigners who have come to Beijing on invitation to conduct activities such as short-term visit, investigation, lecture, business, scientific and technological exchange as well as short-term studies and field practice etc.

By People's Daily Online

Comments on the story Comment on the story Recommend to friends Tell a friend Print friendly Version Print friendly format Save to disk Save this

- China Forum
- PD Newsletter
- People's Comment
- Most Popular
 Related News
- Majority of Beijing's high-end apartments rented by foreigners

- Beijing issues 'green cards' to foreigners 

- China hands out "green card," winning acclaim of foreigners

Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved