News Letter
English home Forum Photo Gallery Features Newsletter Archive   About US Help Site Map
- Newsletter
- News Archive
- Feedback
- Weather Forecast
 About China
- China at a glance
- Constitution
- CPC & state organs
- Chinese leadership
- Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping

Home >> Sci-Edu
UPDATED: 13:07, August 30, 2004
Six overseas diplomas not recognized in China
font size    

An increasing number of young Chinese are now studying abroad at their own expenses, believing they will have better opportunities for jobs once they return home. However, many students begin to wake up from their dreams, as some foreign diplomas are not accepted in China.

The Ministry of Education recently publicized following six types of foreign diplomas that are not accepted in China:

Certificates gained in foreign language studies as a preparation for entering an overseas school and other irregular or short-term trainings.

Research experience certificates gained by visiting scholars or students engaged in such further studies.

Foreign diplomas issued by Chinese-foreign joint venture schools that are unauthorized by the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council.

Certificates for degrees below bachelor issued by Chinese-foreign joint venture schools unauthorized by educational departments of provinces or municipalities directly under the central government.

Foreign academic degrees or higher learning certificates gained from correspondence teachings.

Nonacademic degrees or honorary titles.

Print friendly Version Comments on the story Recommend to friends Save to disk

- China Forum
- PD Newsletter
- People's Comment
- Most Popular
 Related News

Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved