News Letter
Weather
Community
English home Forum Photo Gallery Features Newsletter Archive   About US Help Site Map
China
World
Opinion
Business
Sci-Edu
Culture/Life
Sports
Photos
 Services
- Newsletter
- News Archive
- Feedback
- Weather Forecast
 Search
Advanced
 About China
- China at a glance
- Constitution
- CPC & state organs
- Chinese leadership
- Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping

Home >> China
UPDATED: 19:10, May 24, 2004
No new SARS cases reported on China's mainland (May 24)
font size    

China's Health Ministry said in Beijing Monday afternoon that no new severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) case was reported on China's mainland in the past 24 hours.

A daily report from the ministry showed that from 10:00 am May 23 to 10:00 am May 24, there was no report of any new suspected and confirmed SARS case across the country.

By Sunday evening, all of the 747 close contacts with the SARS patients confirmed in Beijing in April had been removed from quarantine observation, the ministry said.

All the confirmed SARS cases reported in Beijing since April 22have already recovered from the disease.

Among the two SARS cases reported at the same period in east China's Anhui Province, one have been discharged from the hospital and the other died.

Source: Xinhua

Print friendly Version Comments on the story Recommend to friends Save to disk


   Recommendation
- China Forum
- PD Newsletter
- People's Comment
- Most Popular
 Related News
- China reports no new SARS case in past 24 hours (May 6)

- China reports no new SARS cases for past 24 hours (May 7)

- China reports no new SARS cases (May 15)


Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved