Guangdong's third SARS patient discharged from hospital

The third SARS patient in Guangdong Province, a 35-year-old private businessman, was discharged from hospital Wednesday, according to the Chinese Health Ministry.

"None of the 28 people in contact with him has developed fever or shown other abnormal symptoms and all of them have been removedfrom isolation and medical observation," the ministry said in its daily monitoring report of the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

The ministry said no new SARS cases had been reported around the country during the past 24 hours from 10 a.m. Tuesday to 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Three diagnosed SARS cases had been reported on the Chinese mainland so far this year, all in Guangdong. "All of them have been discharged from hospital after recovery," said the ministry.

The other two cases, involving a 32-year-old TV producer and a 20-year-old waitress, were discharged from hospital earlier this month. Nobody in contact with them have been infected.

Source: Xinhua



People's Daily Online --- http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/