Guangdong SARS patient remains in stable conditionChina's Ministry of Health said Monday that the Guangdong SARS patient, a 35-year-old private businessman, was still hospitalized but had normal temperature for 13 consecutive days.
"None of the people in contact with him has developed fever or shown other abnormal symptoms," said the ministry in its daily monitoring report on sever acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
It said no new SARS cases were reported in the 24 hours from 10a.m. Sunday to 10 a.m. Monday on the Chinese mainland.
So far, China has reported three diagnosed SARS cases this year,all from Guangdong.
The other two cases, a 32-year-old TV producer and a 20-year-old waitress, have been discharged from hospital earlier this month.
All the three cases appeared to be milder than those in the SARS outbreak last year. Experts of the World Health Organization said the three patients all recovered quickly and had low infectivity.
|People's Daily Online --- http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/|