Two SARS cases in Guangdong confirmedThe two suspected SARS cases in south China's Guangdong Province were confirmed Saturday, Jan. 17, by the Chinese Health Ministry.
The two patients - a 20-year-old restaurant waitress and a 35-year-old private businessman - were identified as suspected SARS cases respectively on Jan. 8 and Jan. 13.
The 20-year-old waitress was discharged from hospital on Saturday and all the people in contact with her have been removed from medical observation without showing any abnormal symptoms, the ministry said.
The ministry said the 35-year-old private businessman is in stable condition and so far none of the people in contact with him have shown any symptoms similar to SARS.
|People's Daily Online --- http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/|