Samples of Guangdong SARS suspects sent to WHO


WHO experts visit suspected SARS patients
China's Ministry of Health said here Wednesday that the samples of two suspected SARS patients in Guangdong had been delivered to World Health Organization (WHO) laboratories.

"The two suspected SARS patients are in stable conditions and their laboratory samples have been sent to the network laboratories of the World Health Organization for verification," the ministry said in its daily monitoring report on severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

It reported no SARS cases for the 24 hours from 10:00 a.m. Tuesday to 10:00 a.m. Wednesday on the Chinese mainland.

The two patients, a 20-year-old restaurant waitress and a 35-year-old private businessman, were reported by the ministry as suspected SARS cases on Jan. 8 and Jan. 12 respectively.

"None of the people in close or normal contacts with the patients have developed fevers or shown other abnormal symptoms," the report said.

The one diagnosed and two suspected SARS cases reported so far this year were all from China's southern province of Guangdong. The diagnosed man was discharged from hospital on Jan. 8.



People's Daily Online --- http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/